Looking for a dental career in Kelowna? Join the Dr. Steve Johnson Dental Group team.
Current Open Positions
Submit your resume to be notified about future openings in your area.Apply
Kelowna, British Columbia
*$7,500 Relocation/Signing Bonus Included*
Dr. Steve Johnson Dental Group has been serving Kelowna and surrounding communities for many years.
We offer a complete range of dental services, including general dentistry, Invisalign, cosmetic treatments, implants, dentures, and teeth whitening. Dr Johnson’s entire team is proud of their 4.7 Google Star rating!
Our team of general dentists, clinicians are highly regarded in the field, bring extensive experience to provide all patients with the highest quality of dental care services. Our dental health professionals regularly attend courses and dental conventions and are members of various professional dental associations to stay abreast of the changes and recommendations for our profession.
We offer highly and competitive hourly wages, health spending benefits, flexible lunch times, 80 min Hygiene appointments, 120 min new patient appointments, and continuing education credits for our staff.
Our modern office is conveniently located in the centre of Kelowna by Orchard Park.
Schedule: Full time & Part time hours available. Contact us with your availability and we will try to accommodate you the best we can!
We are currently looking to hire a Registered Dental Hygienist to join our busy and well-established practice. The successful candidate will have a passion for building strong patient relationships and contributing to the ongoing oral health of their community. As a Registered Dental Hygienist at our practice, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from and contribute to a strong team of dental professionals.
Why Should You Join?
- Competitive compensation & benefits: Our compensation packages are reviewed annually in a comparative study that ensures alignment with industry standards.
- Established and stable practice: Our successful practice is a leader in patient care, providing a range of services to a loyal and established patient base.
- Health & Safety and Compliance: The practice has a strong health and safety culture, with compliance measures embedded in every aspect of the workplace.
- Career development: A career with us ensures you have the support, tools, and encouragement you need to grow and evolve as a professional on your individual career path, including access to industry-leading continuing education through the award-winning DC Institute (dcinstitute.ca)
- Patient-focused care: With every decision we make and each action we take, our focus is always on the patient – our practice revolves around delivering a highly personalized patient experience.
- Respect for our people: The team is built on a culture of respect and positivity, where we celebrate individuality and value each other’s unique strengths and contributions.
- Work-life flexibility: Everyone has a life outside the practice, and we are committed to helping each team member find a healthy, sustainable balance between home and career.
- Autonomy within our practice: We are developing an autonomous hygiene system in, so far as the needs and requirements of our service providers are directed by the hygienists as a team.
- Appropriately assess, plan, implement and evaluate services for patient care
- Perform all aspects of clinical preventative hygiene services including scaling, root planning, polishing, topical fluoride, pit and fissure sealants and whitening to patients
- Serve as an oral health educator by introducing new preventative techniques and counselling
- Provide a consistent patient experience during each hygiene visit
- Establish strong patient relationships while maintaining ethical and professional behaviour
- Establish and retain patient loyalty by delivering a tailored experience based on the patients’ expectations
- Demonstrate active listening and empathy to patients using effective communication skills
- Successful completion of a Dental Hygiene Diploma or Hygiene Degree program
- Registered with the College of Dental Hygienist of British Columbia (C.D.H.B.C)
- New Grads Welcome
- Valid CPR Certification
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with dental software considered an asset
dentalcorp Total Rewards + Perks
Team members have access to a range of resources focused on enhancing their personal and professional lives. We provide annual compensation reviews, voluntary RRSP contributions, and industry-leading learning and development opportunities. Our team members also enjoy extensive discounts on many services and activities including an exclusive corporate gym membership program; reduced rates on home and auto insurance; and unlimited access to a variety of discounted entertainment, hotels, products and services. Our Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) connects team members and their families with complimentary, confidential, short-term counseling and advisory services. dentalcorp is continuously evolving and enhancing the programs to offer our team members exclusive benefits that complement their lifestyle.
Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants will be contacted. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Team at 416-558-8338. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.Apply
From Our Dental Team
We have a fabulous team of dental professionals, passionate about caring for the smiles of patients in the Kelowna community. We welcome you to join our team.
Why work at Dr. Steve Johnson Dental Group?
Dr. Steve Johnson Dental Group is proud to be an active member of the Kelowna community, providing exceptional oral health care for individuals and families.
Our team is passionate about the patient experience and committed to clinical excellence. We care for our people and work as a team to provide compassionate, comprehensive dentistry to our patients.